- The watcher watched! Film of Cranes at Slimbridge checking out a hide.
- Challenging year for Stone Curlew, while one juv chooses to visit Lidl in Devizes.......!
- Do some migrating birds have an innate sense of impending weather?
- The Arctic Tern musical cantata 'Atlantic Odyssey' will be performed again on October 20th in Swindon
- A fair wind for Africa helps Scotland's star Osprey female start 25th migration.
- £10 discount pre-publication offer on fully-updated Birds of Berkshire
- A 'special train' will run on 27th July as "The Pete Foreman Express"
- £20 special offer for 'Birds of Gloucestershire', pre-publication.
- Egg collectors remain a serious threat to protected species as a Little Tern colony near Hartlepool is robbed.
- 'The Arctic Tern Story' with choral accompaniment can be seen in Swindon on 19th July.
Where to Watch
Information on some of the best locations for birdwatching in the county is provided here. (Information is only available for some sites at present, but more will be added shortly.)
Please read these guidelines on safety and access if you are considering visiting Salisbury Plain.
A total of 318 species have been recorded in Wiltshire. More information is provided here. A complete list of the species and their status will be provided shortly.
Information about WOS
Wiltshire Ornithological Society was formed on November 30th, 1974, and has grown in recent years to more than 500 members.
Our mission is to encourage and pursue the study, recording and conservation of birds in Wiltshire